Thursday, January 30, 2020

Some Recent Techie Sites Have Discovered

You may detect a certain theme here.  Apple. 

I used a Mac in my last position at SWBT/SBC/ATT and liked many things about it.  But after retirement, all the Mac goodies became too expensive to buy outright, so I sold my Mac and stayed with the PC.  Besides, all the people that needed help on computers only had Windows AND the software was cheap and easily copied to use on all machines.

Some time ago I "forced" myself to use less of Windows and more of Mac.  I just "knew" the Mac was not better than the PC, but I wanted to experiment to make sure.  I secured an older Mac Mini and have been using it almost always for my computing needs.  I am now a convert.  So much so that I rarely switch to the Windows PC.  I've also found that the various free Linux OSs are quite fast and provide a plethora of open-source (i.e., FREE) software for a variety of uses.  Anyway, the "forced" use of a Mac is no longer.  I like the Mac.  And, I like the iPhone.  I've discovered the iPhone is easier to use, and the updates rarely cause problems.  But the Android OS IS prettier.

My Mac Mini, MacBook Air (thank you Dave Keeney), iPad Air (thank you Donna), iPhone 7+, and iPhone SE are all previously used - refurbished by either Apple or some other provider.  They all look and behave like new AND each is several hundred dollars cheaper than new.  So now I live in an Apple universe, but also keep my homemade and superfast Windows 10 computer updated with the latest releases - just to keep current with Windows problems.

There you have it.  The reason I'll probably post more about Apple than Microsoft on this blog.


iMessage is a powerful iPhone tool. Here are its 9 best features - CNET

Caltech Team Builds a Camera That Captures The Invisible at a Trillion Frames Per Second

Android phones can't compete with these 7 iPhone features

Do You Need Anti-Ransomware Software for Your PC?

Can I still download Windows 10 for free? Yes, and here's how (I know it works on some PCs, but not all - Steve)

Best ipad Apps of All Time??

Windows Defender gets the job done — so why even gamble with third-party antivirus? (I'm a proponent of using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes as the ONLY Windows 10 antivirus protection - Steve)



25 Must-Know macOS Tips for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Mac Users

PhotoFlare Open Source Image & Photo Editor

No comments: