Friday, July 24, 2015

Backup Before Windows 10 Install

I'm using Windows 10 on all my PCs now.  Seems to work just fine; however, there were a few problems in the earlier builds.  Enough problems to cause the loss of some of my rapidly disappearing hair!  The version I think they will be releasing, seems to be pretty good.  You will like it better than 8.1.

If you're concerned about the update, you might want to back up your system before attempting the upgrade.  This "How -To Geek" proceedure looks like a good one to use.

I didn't do any backups.  Dangerous, I know, but it seemed like a good time to start over with windows.  I did have problems with my Acer laptop.  Seems that a computer with two internal drives is confusing to the Windows update process.  Temporarily removing the second drive to allow the update was the solution.

Have fun with W10 - "the last Windows ever".

No comments: