Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Windows 8

This article challenged me yesterday to install Windows 8.  So, for several hours last evening, I attempted to do just that.  It took much longer than a I thought, but at about midnight it was accomplished.

This is the second time I've tried Windows 8.  This latest version does work better than my first attempt, but I still have to say Windows 7 is much easier for me.  I think it is a comfort factor.  W8 is STRANGE compared to what we're used to in Windows.  It acts/looks more like an iPad or Android tablet interface.  The functionality is way below Windows 7.

I'll keep playing with it to learn it's "features".

If any of you try this dual-boot process (that's the only way I recommend you try it - do not perform a complete replacement of 7) I'd like to know what you think of it.

No comments: