Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hello

Sure has been a long time since my last post. A variety of things seem to get in the way.

The most significant - I experienced a Cardiac Catheter Ablation in early October. I've had atrial fibrillation for many years, and the drugs being used seemed to be less effective, so rather than trying yet again another drug, I opted for this minimally invasive procedure. My doctor did not describe what I might experience subsequent to the procedure - had I known the possibilities, I might have declined.

Several days after the procedure, I experienced very rapid heart beats, high blood pressure, erratic heart beats, headaches, and so forth. Calls to the emergency line resulted in responses like "you should expect this due to the procedure - it is not uncommon". Well, now you tell me!

I'm still on my rhythm medicine, and the plan is to gradually reduce it AND my need for coumadin. Stay tuned - this could take months.

My other life ----

Donna is going full blast with her new Activities Director job. She's having fun (almost all of the time) and the best thing about the job, in her opinion, is that I get the opportunity to cook and wash dishes!!! I suppose that is fair.

Since I no longer sell park models, I have time to work on computers (both mine and others), install lights on our deck, create a hard drive for the Wii, etc. I think we'll both keep busy this winter. But, you know what? I'm already looking forward to Summer. How strange is that?

No comments: