Monday, November 2, 2009

Mediacom 5

A Mediacom installer showed up today around 11am. He asked what he could do and I said "internet" and "cable cards for the TIVO". He admitted he hadn't installed cable cards in a TIVO before, so said he'd do that one first because it'd probably take more time than the internet install.

It didn't take long to insert the card and after a few minutes, Tivo recognized the card. A couple of phone calls later, Mediacom's network had communicated with the card. After a rescan of the channels, I was good to go.

The internet, as it turns out, is evidently much more complicated. The installer said they have been having problems with the modems recognizing the network (or is it the network having trouble recognizing the modem?). Once again a couple of calls and then he left a little over two hours ago, telling me it takes about on hour for the connection to take place. He hasn't returned and the modem is setting here with solid green lights - I don't think any communications is taking place.

I did a quick bike ride around the park - didn't see my guy, but saw several other Mediacom trucks.

Again, I wait.

No comments: