Monday, October 6, 2008

Kubuntu

Hey guys!  I'm beginning to think Linux (Ubuntu) IS THE operating system !  Boot up and shut down are very fast AND there are thousands of FREE programs to use.  I'm currently in the process of upgrading my older HP to the Kubuntu version of Ubuntu.  Kubuntu looks a little more like windows, so the comfort level is a little higher.  I highly recommend that anyone with an older machine that's thinking of buying a new one, should first update their old operating system with Ubuntu/Kubuntu and try that for a while.

In fact, I'm now recommending that serious users install a dual-boot system so they can switch back and forth between the two systems before they give up on Microsoft FOREVER!

Email me with your thoughts.  I think I'll have an Ubuntu class this Winter.

No comments: