Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Windows 10 & Flash

For the past several months, I've been one of the 5 million "insiders" testing Windows 10.  Sometimes it's a disaster; sometimes it's beautiful.  Right now I'm on Build 10166.  Each build has tweaked W10 a little more, and sometimes the tweak is not quite right, but Microsoft continues.  I expect the July 29 "release" to be similar to the present one.  Who knows?

It looks good.  Can't really tell if it's faster, but their new Browser - Edge - is faster!  Doesn't have a lot of features at present, but it's also a work in progress.  How-To Geek has some tips on Edge - http://goo.gl/h8o2KR.  Take a look.  Right now, I rate Firefox the best for me, with Edge second. 

If you're open to new things, download W10 when you get the opportunity - it's better than W95!

On a separate subject, I've uninstalled Flash on my PC.  Already I find that some of my favorite programs use Flash, but I'm gonna try real hard to keep it off the PC.  Adobe Flash has always been a source of vulnerabilities.  Even Firefox is now set, by default, to not use it.

Now I'm off to see if I can set a default music station for the Amazon Echo (a neat little media device).

No comments: