Friday, May 1, 2009

Mini Trips

My days have changed slightly - I've returned to reading books. Just finished a good one by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - The Wheel of Darkness. The first book I read by them was Relic; I greatly enjoyed it and have read a couple by them since then. My problem is: which ones did I read? Do I have to read them again? Anyway, they have a few I DON'T THINK I've read, so will try them, too.

I'm now about two-thirds of the way through The Broken Window by Jeffery Deaver. It is one of those "can't put it down" stories, but it is a murder mystery - something I don't really enjoy that much. However, this one is about identity theft - a topic I find interesting.

Oh, yeah, back to Mini Trips. I leave this next Monday to visit Mother in Ft. Smith. Plan to stay a few days and will return to Desloge on Thursday. On May the 14th Donna gets another relief spell from her Aunt, at which time we take a trip to Pella to see Connie and Keith (and the rest of the gang), drink a little wine, and celebrate Connie's 60th birthday. Should be fun!!!

We changed the surgeon's visit to May 18. We expect Donna's dad to be released from therapy shortly thereafter; he is doing very well (I think he really wants out of there!).

No comments: